- “Theory to practice: Policy recommendations for fostering economic development through social capital,” (with T. Engbers), Public Administration Review (March 14, 2018)
- "A method for estimating sub-state consumption of delivered energy," (with S. Carley, K. R. Richards, D. Warren, and Z. Wendling). Bloomington, IN: Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs (2014)
- "Social capital and metropolitan economic development," (with C. P. Aubuchon and T. A. Engbers), Bloomington, IN: Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs (2013)
- "Natural gas, unnatural prices: How SNG and artificially high natural gas prices will affect Indiana's economy," (with T. Slaper, D. Warren, and Z. Wendling), Bloomington, IN: Indiana Business Research Center (2013)
- "Service contracting and labor-management partnerships: Transforming the public sector," (with R. Rubin), Public Administration Quarterly, 31 (2): 192–217 (2007)
- "Labor-management relations: Conditions for collaboration," (with R. Rubin), Public Personnel Management, 35 (4): 283–298 (2006)
- "Identifying the local employment impacts of global climate change," (with M. Hilton), Economic Development Quarterly, 10(3): 262-279 (1996)
- "Urban enterprise zones: Employment impacts and fiscal incentives," (with M. Wilder), Journal of the American Planning Association, 55(4): 418-431 (1989)
- "Sensible state and local economic development," (with C.K. Zorn), Public Administration Review, 45 (2): 333-339 (1985)
Reports and Publications:
“The Currency of Connections: An Analysis of the Urban Economic Impact of Social Capital,” (with T. Engbers, C. Aubuchon), Economic Development Quarterly, 1-16 (September 2016)
- Rubin, Barry, and R. Rubin. Labor-Management Partnerships: A New Approach To Collaborative Management, in M. Abramson and N. Gardner, Eds. Human Capital. Laham, Md: Rowman And Littlefield. 2002.
- Rubin, Barry, and R. Rubin. Municipal Delivery, Collective Bargaining, And Labor-Management Partnerships. Journal Of Collective Negotiations In The Public Sector 30 (2):91-112. 2003.
- Rubin, Barry, and R. Rubin. Creeping Legalism in Public Sector Grivance Arbitration: a National Perspective. Journal of Collective Negotiation in the Public Sector 30 (1):3-14. 2003.
- Barry Rubin and Richard Rubin, "Graduate Student Employees and Their Propensity to Unionize: Part II, The Illinois Experience," Journal of Collective Negotiations, Volume 31, Number 3, pp. 241-249, published Winter, 2008.