Finding financial assistance for your education in the United States can be a challenge, but resources are available. Start looking for funding as soon as you begin your application process. First, research funding options in your home country. Then, explore the resources below. You can apply for funding after you are admitted to your degree program.
Finding funding resources as an international student
For questions about specific awards, reach out to the award provider. For general funding questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowships and assistantships through the O’Neill School
As an international student, fellowships and assistantships through the O'Neill School are also available to youLearn more about fellowships and assistantships
Indiana University funding resources
External funding resources
- American Association of University Women: Apply for scholarships and grants that support higher education for women, including International Fellowships.
- College Board: Get information and advice on finding financial aid, and search the scholarship database.
- eduPASS: Learn about your options for financial aid, and search for scholarships on the eduPASS database.
- International Education Financial Aid (IEFA): Search for scholarships and grants that specifically seek to support international study.
- International Student: Read about searching for scholarships as an international student, and consult its list of scholarship resources.
- MacArthur Foundation: Apply for grants and fellowships, including awards specifically intended for international study.
- NAFSA: Apply for scholarships specifically for international undergraduate students.
- National Science Foundation (NSF): Apply for scholarships and grants that support science education.
- Organization of American States (OAS) Rowe Fund: Interest-free loans provided to citizens of Latin America and Caribbean OAS member states.
- P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship: This scholarship is available for women in graduate programs (any major).