Our dedicated Career Education and Professional Advancement program at the Career Hub is here to help you plan a career path that will let you excel—from your first day at the O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs. We’ll work with you to develop the job search and networking skills you need to achieve your goals—identifying Career Communities based around your career interests, letting you explore a variety of career paths.
Complete the career survey
The O’Neill School has partnered with the Career Leadership Collective, a higher education solutions group, to conduct a national online survey to collect career pathway data from alumni.
The National Alumni Career Mobility Survey will be open from July through November 2019, seeking career satisfaction and insights from college and university alumni who completed bachelor’s degrees in the calendar years 2009 and 2014. The data collected by this survey will be used to help the O’Neill School’s CareerHub better understand the professional pathways of its alumni and prepare future alumni for continued and improved career success.
If you are a 2009 or 2014 graduate of the O’Neill School, we highly encourage you to participate in the National Alumni Career Mobility Survey.
- Personalized advising appointments
- Skill and strength assessments
- Career planning and exploration
- Full-time job search assistance
- Internship search assistance
- Resume development and review
- Cover letter writing and review
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- Network building
- Informational interview preparation
- LinkedIn assistance
- Job offer advice
- Graduate school preparation
The O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs Career Hub provides comprehensive career services to a diverse group of students and stakeholders. We establish partnerships, build networks and advise students in professional development and career preparation for a competitive global environment.
The O’Neill Career Hub supports student and stakeholder success by providing high quality, innovative career and employment services.
- Coaching, encouraging, and providing opportunities for students
- Diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for all
- Ethics, integrity, and professionalism in personal and professional interactions
- Collaboration and partnerships with students, faculty, and employers
- Leadership that exemplifies the O’Neill philosophy of “Leading for the Greater Good”
- Communication that is clear, timely, and effective
- Innovation and being up-to-date on current trends in the workforce
- Professional development that builds career services expertise and aligns with best practices
Get a mentor through the Mentor Collective
Be a part of the Mentor Collective and get matches with an O’Neill upperclassman or alum based on your common interests and professional aspirations.
One of the most important skills I learned while at the O’Neill School for my career is the ability to stay flexible. Employers will need you to be able to adjust to situations and be able to accomplish them efficiently.- Michael Tanney, BSPA'04, Founding Member, O'Neill Distinguished Alumni Council