No matter what specific concentration you choose, your MPA degree will rest on a broad, firm foundation—a group of five core courses comprising 15 credit hours. These core curriculum courses will give you the analytical skills you need, along with a firm understanding of the policy issues and governmental processes that affect your chosen field.
Build from a solid base
Knowledge with transferable skills
The fundamental skills you'll develop through your MPA core are transferable—not just to positions in public affairs or public policy, but among a wide variety of professional fields.
The core courses are:
- Public Management (V 502)
- Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision Making (V 506)
- Public Management Economics (V 517)
- Law and Public Affairs (V 540)
- Public Finance and Budgeting (F 560)