Wellbeing is an O’Neill Value in Action. In partnership with the IU Health Center, O’Neill’s Resilience and Wellbeing Initiative provides four distinct opportunities for you to enhance your mental and emotional health and develop the skills required for the challenges of college life.
Courses and workshops
Resilience and Wellbeing for Public Leaders: A one-credit course launching the second eight-weeks of fall 2021
Resilience and Wellbeing for Public Leaders is a research-informed, psychoeducational resiliency course that integrates evidence-based key concepts taken from wellness coaching, cognitive behavioral approaches, and positive psychology to create a dynamic, experiential learning opportunity for personal growth and development. Students will support and learn from one another through structured peer-mentorship workgroups.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Set personal SMART goals based on the dimensions of wellness.
- Practice positive self-talk, rephrasing and reframing, to experience how this effects their personal stress experience.
- Identify at least three to five different sources of stress applying the socioecological model.
- Investigate at least three realistic coping strategies to be used when facing challenges in everyday life.
- Understand the interrelationship of the dimensions of wellness and the impact on their personal stress.
- Identify at least three supportive resources available to assist them in increasing their coping success.
For Graduate Students
Seminar on Resilience and Wellbeing for Public Leaders
Four sessions, offered spring and fall covering:
- Building Reslience (identifying and understanding stress)
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Assertive and Healthy Relationships
Available sessions will appear on this page. Sign up for each session by clicking on the seminar title, then registering. Sign up for as many as you like—you do not need to take all four.
Health and Wellness Coaching
In addition to access to our CAPS counselors, each O’Neill student can have up to three free, individualized coaching sessions with the Health and Wellness team.