Minors & Certificates

Choose from a variety of perspectives

  • Arts Management
  • Education Policy
  • Environmental and Sustainability Studies
  • Environmental Management
  • Environmental Science
  • Environmental Science and Health
  • Healthcare Management and Policy
  • Human Resource Management
  • Information Systems
  • Law and Public Policy
  • Nonprofit Management
  • Policy Studies
  • Public Finance
  • Public Management
  • Urban Planning and Community Development
  • Water Resources Science, Policy, and Management

For non-O'Neill students only, add a minor in Public and Environmental Affairs.

Each minor requires 15 hours of specified courses with a 2.000 grade point average. (Note: some degree-granting units at IU may require a specific grade in minor courses. Check with your school for any specific rules.)

If you're an O'Neill student, you may double count up to 6 credit hours of minor courses with any other O'Neill academic program. Each O'Neill minor must have at least 9 hours that do not count toward any other O'Neill academic program. If you're a non-O'Neill student, you cannot double count courses between O'Neill minors or certificates.

See minor course requirements

You must see a O'Neill advisor to apply for a minor. Call us at (812) 855-0635 to schedule an appointment, or visit us during our walk-in hours, available throughout the fall and spring semesters:

Monday - Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

O'Neill certificates

We offer certificates in a wide variety of areas—from arts to the environment, and everything in between. Fulfill and refine your interests by learning the tools you need to examine complex issues and critical problems related to the field of study you choose. An O'Neill certificate can complement your bachelor's degree, with a broad and interdisciplinary outlook and education. 

  • Applied Research and Inquiry
  • Arts Administration
  • Environmental Studies
  • Nonprofit Management
  • Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
  • Public Affairs
  • Public Health
  • Public Management
  • Urban Studies
Find more information and course requirements

Check your eligibility

You may be eligible to apply for a certificate if you are a bachelor's degree student at Indiana University and in good academic standing. Apply for your certificate before completing 15 credit hours of certificate coursework.

See an advisor

You must see an O'Neill advisor to apply for your certificate. Call us at (812) 855-0635 to schedule an appointment, or meet us during our walk-in hours:

Monday - Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Through the Johnson Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the Kelley School of Business, you may be eligible to pursue a Cross Campus Certificate in Innovation. For more information on this certificate, contact Monika Herzig on O'Neill's faculty.