The O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs works to build a better world by helping people solve complex problems at the crossroads of policy, management, and science. We promote sound decisions, well-managed organizations, just and healthy societies, and a sustainable environment through education, scholarship, and civic engagement. We give our students the knowledge and skills to have a significant impact in diverse settings around the globe.
Our commitment is shaped by these shared and guiding beliefs:
- All people deserve to live in thriving and sustainable communities.
- Strong, healthy communities depend on well-educated, innovative and ethical leaders, and informed and engaged citizens.
- Creative, current, and rigorous research informs sound decision-making.
- Leaders need both relevant information and the skills necessary to interpret and use information and data effectively.
- Successful leaders must be able to bridge public, private, and nonprofit sector boundaries.
- Conversation and collaboration among individuals with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and skills leads to more vibrant ideas and solutions.
O’Neill’s professionals teach, research, and serve in all areas of public and environmental affairs. Our collective expertise, built on diverse training and perspectives, allows us to lead in a deeply connected world.