For the MPA Program
To foster the preeminent community of principled, creative, and skilled practitioners and leaders who serve the public good from an interdisciplinary and global perspective.
We will achieve this by:
- Instilling the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills needed to effectively address problems through objective and evidence-based analysis, implementation, and evaluation of policies;
- Positioning our graduates to excel in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors where they contribute to the public good by addressing social, economic, environmental, and governance challenges efficiently, effectively, and equitably;
- Developing students from diverse backgrounds who can understand and manage the complexity and dynamics of contemporary issues in public affairs;
- Fostering and modeling professional ethics such as fairness, compassion, accountability, transparency, and respect for the rule of law;
- Producing high-quality policy-oriented research and professional service that focus on significant issues in public affairs, and creating innovative opportunities for students to learn from and collaborate with leading scholars and practitioners.