Faculty: Kerry Krutilla
Reports and Publications:
- “Human Development Over Time: An Empirical Comparison of a Dynamic Index and the Standard HDI,” (with N. Zirogiannis, Y. Tripodis, and K. Fledderman), Social Indicators Research, 1-26, (2018)
- “Regulatory Reform in the Trump Era,” (with K.B. Belton and J.D. Graham), Public Administration Review, 77 (5) 643-44 (August 29, 2017)
- Cost‐Benefit Analysis of Waste Management Strategies for the Adjara AR and the Kakheti Region of Georgia. Waste Management Technologies in Regions, Georgia; U.S. Agency for International Development. (2016)
- “Environmental taxation and the double dividend in decentralized jurisdictions,” (with A. Alexeev, D. Good), Ecological Economics 22: 90–100 (2016)
- “Uncertainty in the cost-effectiveness of federal air quality regulations,” (with D.H. Good and J.D. Graham) Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, 6(1): 66-111. doi:10.1017/bca.2015.7 (2015)
- “The political transaction costs and uncertainties of establishing environmental rights,” (with A. Alexeev) Ecological Economics, 107, 299-309 (2014)
- “Are green vehicles worth the extra cost? The case of diesel-electric hybrid technology for urban delivery vehicles,” (with J. Graham), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 31(3): 501-532 (2012)
- “The normative implications of political decision-making for benefit-cost analysis,” (with A. Alexeev), Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, 3(2): Article 2. (2012)
- “Transaction costs and environmental policy: An assessment framework and literature review,” (with R. Krause), International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics 4(3/4): 261-354 (2011)
- “Surface water quality in the Carpathian Basin: Current status and future directions,” (with K. Logan), Hungarian Studies 23(2): 153–173 (2009)
Reports and Publications:
- “Addressing Fundamental Uncertainty in Benefit–Cost Analysis: The Case of Deep Seabed Mining,” (with David Good; Michael Toman; Tijen Arin), Journal of Benefit Cost Analysis, 11 (4) 1-30 (February 2020)
- "Dyanamic Defense in a Cyber-Resilient System," chapter in Approaches to Enhancing Cyber Resilience: Report of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Workshop IST-153, (2018)
- "Cybersecurity Investment as a Differential Game," (with E. Jardine and A. Alexeev), chapter in Proceedings of the NATO IST-153/RWS-21 Workshop on Cyber Resilience, US Army Research laboratory, (2018)
- "Dynamic Estimation of the Human Development Index," (with N. Zirogiannis, Y. Tripodis, and K. Fledderman), Social Indicators Research, (2018)
- “Debt, democratization and development in Latin America: How policy can affect global warming," (with R. Aubourg and D. Good), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 18(2): 148-176 (2007)
- “The systems dynamics of endogenous population growth in a renewable resource-based growth model,” (with R. Reuveny), Ecological Economics 56: 256-267 (2006)
- The Urban Household Energy Transition: Social and Environmental Impacts in the Developing World, (with D. Barnes, and W.F. Hyde). Resources for the Future Press (2005)
- “Using the Kaldor-Hicks tableau format for the teaching and practice of project appraisal and policy analysis,” Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 24(4): 864-875, (2005)
- K. Krutilla and K. Logan. "Surface Water Quality in the Carpathian Basin: Current Status and Future Directions," Hungarian Studies 23(2): 153 173 (2009)
- Krutilla, Kerry and R. Reuveny. The Systems Dynamics of Endogenous Population Growth in a Renewable Resource-Based Growth Model. Ecological Economics 56:256-267. 2006.
- K. Krutilla, with Rene Aubourg and D. Good. "Debt, Democratization, and Development in Latin America: How Policy Can Affect Global Warming." Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 27(1): 7-19.
- Krutilla, K. Using the Kaldor-Hicks Tableau Format for the Teaching and Practice of Project Appraisal and Policy Analysis, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 864-875, 2005.
- Barnes, D., K. Krutilla, and W.F. Hyde. The Urban Household Energy Transition: Social and Environmental Impacts in the Developing World, Resources for the Future Press, July 2005.
- K. Krutilla with R. Krause. "Transaction Costs and Environmental Policy: An Assessment Framework and Literature Review." International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics 4 (3/4): 261-354 (2011)
- K. Krutilla and A. Alexeev. "The Normative Implications of Political Decision-Making for Benefit-Cost Analysis." Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis 3(2): Article 2. (2012)
- S. Dudley, R. Belzer, G. Blomquist, T. Brennan, C. Carrigan, J. Cordes, L.A. Cox , A. Fraas, J.D. Graham, G. Gray, J. Hammitt, K. Krutilla, P. Linquiti, R. Lutter, B. Mannix, S. Shapiro, A. Smith, W.K. Viscusi, R. Zerbe, "Consumer’s Guide to Regulatory Impact Analysis: Ten Tips for Being an Informed Policymaker," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, July 27, 2017
- Krutilla, K. and A. Alexeev. “Environmental Rights Conflict and Institutional Choice.” 6th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists. Gothenburg, Sweden. June 25-29, 2018
- Krutilla, K. “A Taxonomy for Improved Regulatory Evaluation.” Tenth Annual Conference and Meeting of the Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis. March 14-16, 2018.
- Alexeev, A., E. Jardine, and K. Krutilla. "Cybersecurity Investment as A Differential Game." The Annual Meeting of the Society of Risk Analysis, Arlington, Virginia, December 10-14. 2017.
- Aiken, D., DH Good, K Krutilla, “Uncertainty Analysis in RIAs for Transportation Safety and Air Pollution Regulations.” The Annual Meeting of the Society of Risk Analysis, Arlington, Virginia, December 10-14, 2017.
- K. Krutilla. “Property Rights Conflict in Environmental Policy Design: A Normative Evaluation.” University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. November 16, 2017.
- Alexeev, A., E. Jardine, and K. Krutilla. “Optimal Investment in Cyber Attack and Resilience.” Workshop IST-153-RWS on Cyber Resilience. The NATO Science and Technology Organization, Munich, Germany. October 23-25, 2017.
- Good, D., K. Krutilla, S. Chien, L. Li, Y. Chen. “Analysis of Potential Co-Benefits for Bicyclist Crash Imminent Braking Systems.” The IEEE 20th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Yokohama, Japan, October 16 - 19, 2017.
- Good, D.H. and K. Krutilla. “The Implications of Addressing Particle Toxicity in Air Regulation: Learning from the European Experience.” Society of Risk Analysis Europe, Lisbon, Portugal. June 19-21, 2017.
- Krutilla, K. “Optimal Investment In Cybersecurity.” Inaugural Symposium on Cybersecurity and Internet Governance. Ostrom Workshop, Bloomington, Indiana. April 27-28, 2017.
- Krutilla, K., and D.H. Good. “Uncertainty Evaluation in DOT and EPA RIAs of Lifesaving Regulations.” Ninth Annual Conference and Meeting of the Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis. March 16-17, 2017.