Faculty: Brad Fulton
Reports and Publications:
- “Representative Group Styles: How Ally Immigrant Rights Organizations Promote Immigrant Involvement,” (with G. Yukich and R. L. Wood), Social Problems, (2019)
- “Critical Standpoint: Leaders of Color Advancing Racial Equality in Predominantly White Organizations,” (with M. Oyakawa and R. L. Wood), Nonprofit Management & Leadership, (2019)
- “National Trends in Food Insecurity and Congregation-Based Food Provision between 1998 and 2012,” (with K. Florez and K. P. Derose), Ecology of Food and Nutrition, (2019)
- “Organizations and Survey Research: Implementing Response Enhancing Strategies and Conducting Nonresponse Analyses,” Sociological Methods & Research, (2018)
- “Prevalence and Predictors of Mental Health Programming Among U.S. Religious Congregations,” (with E.C. Wong and K.R. DeRose), Psychiatric Services (2018)
- “Fostering Muslim Civic Engagement through Faith-Based Community Organizing,” Journal on Muslim Philanthropy and Civil Society, 1:43-73 (2017)
- “Network Ties and Organizational Action: Explaining Variation in Social Service Provision Patterns,” Management and Organizational Studies 3:1-20 (2016).
- “Trends in Addressing Social Needs: A Longitudinal Study of Congregation-Based Service Provision and Political Participation,” Religions 7:51-67 (2016).
- A Shared Future: Faith-Based Organizing for Racial Equity and Ethical Democracy, (with R.L. Wood), University of Chicago Press (2015)
- “The Role of Bridging Cultural Practices in Racially and Socioeconomically Diverse Civic Organizations,” (with R. Braunstein and R.L. Wood), American Sociological Review 79:705-25 (2014)
- “Black Churches and HIV/AIDS: Factors Influencing Congregations’ Responsiveness to Social Issues,” Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion 50:617-30 (2011)
Reports and Publications:
- "The Economic Practices of U.S. Congregations: A Review of Current Research and Future Opportunities," (with P. Mundey and D. King), Social Compass, 66: 400-417 (2019)
- "In what ways do religious congregations address HIV? examining predictors of different types of congregational HIV activities," (with M. Williams, K. Derose, A. Haas, and B. Griffin), Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services, 17: 290-312 (2018)
- “Civil Society Organizations and the Enduring Role of Religion
in Promoting Democratic Engagement,” (with R.L. Wood), Voluntas (2018)
- Brad R Fulton, Richard L Wood. 2017. "Achieving and Leveraging Diversity through Faith-Based Organizing" Religion and Progressive Activism: New Stories about Faith and Politics (NYU Press)
- Keister, Lisa A. and Brad R. Fulton. Forthcoming. “Religion and Stratification.” International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition. Elsevier.
- Wood, Richard L., Brad R. Fulton, Christine Doby. 2013. “Getting Organized: Catholics and Community Activism” Commonweal November: 12-16.
- Wood, Richard L., Brad R. Fulton and Kathryn Partridge. 2012. Building Bridges, Building Power: Developments in Institution-Based Community Organizing. Denver, CO: Interfaith Funders.
- Fulton, Brad R. and Richard L. Wood. “Pragmatic Progressives: Achieving and Leveraging Social Diversity through Faith-Based Organizing” in Progressive Religion and Social Activism: New Approaches to Understanding Faith and Politics in America editors Ruth Braunstein, Todd Nicholas Fuist, and Rhys H. Williams. [Under review at Oxford University Press]