Faculty: Daniel Cole
Reports and Publications:
- “Environmental instrument choice in a non-linear world,” (with K.A. Paulson Gjerde, P.Z. Grossman), Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, 8 (1): 65-78 (2019)
- “Institutional analysis for new public governance scholars,” (with E. Baldwin, T. Chen), Public Management Review, 21, 890-917 (2019)
- “The Many Deaths of Liberalism,” (with Aurelian Craiutu), AEON, (2018)
- “Law, Norms, and the IAD Framework,” Journal of Institutional Economics, February 28, 2017.
- Elinor Ostrom and the Bloomington School of Political Economy: Resource Governance, Volume 2 (co-edited with M. McGinnis), Lexington Books (2015)
- “Contextualizing the Influence of Social Norms, Collective Action on Social-Ecological Systems,” 2014, Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, 6, 259-264 (2014) (co-authored with Tom Evans).
- “The Law and Economics Approach to Property,” 2014, Property Law Review, 3, 212-221. (symposium issue on Research Methods in Property Law).
- “Digging Deeper into Hardin’s Pasture: The Complex Institutional Structure of ‘The Tragedy of the Commons,’” 2014, Journal of Institutional Economics, 10, 353-369 (2014) (co-authored with Graham Epstein and Michael McGinnis).
- “Learning from Lin: Lessons and Cautions from the Natural Commons for the Knowledge Commons, in Governing the Knowledge Commons 45-68 (B. Frischmann, M. Madison & K. Strandberg, eds, Oxford University Press 2014).
- Property in Land and Other Resources (co-edited with E. Ostrom). Cambridge, MA: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, 2012.
- “Introduction,” (with E. Ostrom), “Chapter 2: The variety of property systems and rights in natural resources,” (with E. Ostrom), “Chapter 5: Property creation by regulation: rights to clean air and rights to pollute.” Principles of Law & Economics (with P. Z. Grossman). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2004; New York: Wolters Kluwer/Aspen Publishers (2nd edition), 2011.
Reports and Publications:
- ”Routledge Handbook of the Study of the Commons,” (with B. Hudson and J. Rosenberg (Eds.)), Routledge (2019)
- ”Grandfathering: Environmental Uses and Impacts,” (with M. Damon, E. Ostrom, and T. Sterner), Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, 13 (1): 23-42 (2019)
- ”Institutional Analysis for New Governance Scholars,” (with E. Baldwin and T. Chen), Public Management Review, 21 (6): 890-917 (2018)
- ”Elinor Ostrom and the Bloomington School of Political Economy, Applications and Extensions,” Volumn 4, (with M. McGinnis (Eds.)), Lexington Books (2018)
- “The Varieties of Comparative Institutional Analysis,” Wisconsin Law Review, 2013, 383-409.
- “Law, Politics, and Cost-Benefit Analysis,”2012, Alabama Law Review, 64, 55-89.