- (812) 856-5594
- Room Number:
- M.P.A., Indiana University
- B.S. in Mathematics, Indiana University
Dennis Cromwell leads the Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative (MDPI), the university-wide effort to digitize and preserve vast stores of audio, video, and film holdings. Announced by IU President Michael A. McRobbie in October 2013, MDPI is charged with preserving and providing access to these assets, many of which are in obsolete formats and actively degrading. Working closely with the IU Library, Cromwell is also active in promoting the preservation effort across higher education.
Cromwell previously served IU as associate vice president for several UITS divisions, including client services and support, enterprise infrastructure, and university information systems. In those roles, he worked extensively with faculty, students, and administration to deliver and support mission-critical technologies, including enterprise-wide software, data centers, servers and storage, campus networks, voice communications, and identity management. Cromwell has a BS in mathematics and master of public affairs from Indiana University.
- Dennis Cromwell, Kristin Hanks, and Sarah Engel Bottom Up and Top Down: Making IT a Key Part of the Campus Sustainability Effort EDUCAUSE Quarterly, Volume 32 Number 3. Fall 2009
- Bernbom, G. & Cromwell, D. Data Architecture in an Open Systems Environment CAUSE/EFFECT, 16 (4), 27-29, 33-37. 1993
- Bernbom, G., Bruhn. M. & Cromwell, D. Security in a Client/Server Environment CAUSE/EFFECT, 17(4), 19-26. 1994
- Case Studies and Contrasts in Preservation for Cultural Organizations and Broadcast. FIAT/IFTA World Conference. 12 October 2018.
- Improving IT Management of Research Administration through Partnership. EDUCAUSE Connect. 14 March 2017.
- Cloud Services in Three Forms Annual ACUTA Conference. 05 April, 2011
- Deploying an Internal Cloud: Offering Infrastructure as a Service. EDUCAUSE 2010 Annual Conference. 13 October 2010.
- Outsourcing Email & Other Institutional IT Services: Cloud Contracting. Presented online for National Association of College and University Attorneys, with Calkins, Cate and McDonald. 10 December 2009
- Making the Right Enterprise Information Systems Decisions Presented at EDUCAUSE Enterprise Information and Technology Conference. 23 May 2007