1315 E 10th St
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 2010
- MPA/MSES, Indiana University, 2003
- Ph.D. Physics, Mechnikov Odessa State University (Ukraine), 1996
- Physics, University Diploma with Distinction, Mechnikov Odessa State University (Ukraine), 1986
- SPEA-P 507 Data Analysis and Statistical Modeling (2016)
- SPEA-V 506 Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision-making (2015)
- SPEA-E 526 Applied Mathematics for Environmental Science (2013)
- SPEA-V625 Environmental Economics and Policy (2013)
- SPEA-V 450 Research Methods for Applied Research (2016)
- SPEA-V 370 Research Methods and Statistical Modeling (2010-2013, 2015)
- SPEA-V 348 Management Science (Fall 2015, Spring 2016)
- SPEA-E 340 Environmental Economics and Finance (2011)
- SPEA-K 300 Introductory Statistics (2004, 2006, 2008, 2012);
Dr. Alex Alexeev received his Ph.D. in Physics from Odessa National University in 1996. After his dissertation defense, he worked for the Department of Physics at the Odessa Hydrometeorological Institute (Odessa State Ecological University) teaching physics, modeling and radioecology.
In 2001, he came to the United States to study environmental management and stayed for doctoral study. In 2010 he received his Ph.D. in Public Affairs from Indiana University with specializations in policy analysis and business economics. He has been a lecturer at IU since 2017 and prior to that was a visiting lecturer since 2015, teaching courses in data analysis and statistical modeling.
His interdisciplinary research interests include quantitative policy analysis, risk and security modelling, benefit-cost analysis, and environmental economics.
Starting in 2014 he became a part of the risk-modeling group in the project “Models for Enabling Continuous Reconfigurability of Secure Missions” sponsored by the U.S. ARL Cybersecurity Collaborative Research Alliance (Csec CRA).
- Muskie Fellowship, 2001-03
- “Environmental Taxation and the Double-Dividend in Decentralized Jurisdictions,” (with D. Good and K. Krutilla), Ecological Economics, 122 90-100 (February 2016)
- “Cyber-Attack as a Contest Game” (with K.Krutilla), in A.Kott (ed.) Proceedings of the NATO IST-128 Workshop: Assessing Mission Impact of Cyberattacks. U.S. Army Research Laboratory, ARL-SR-0349, pp. 66-74 (2015)
- “Project Establishment Costs: the Normative Implications for Benefit Cost Analysis” (with K.Krutilla), Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Volume 3, Issue 2, article 2, ISSN (Online) 2152-2812, (2012)