While SPEABITS provides some peripheral equipment for your computer, such as keyboards, mice, and even USB flash storage devices, we cannot fund everything. Items that are not essential to the O’Neill School mission, are cost prohibitive to replace (such as presentation slide clickers), or are duplicative of services offered by UITS and SPEABITS (USB mass storage devices), must be funded by separate research funds accompanied by a unique business case to explain the need.
IU has many software agreements in place, and SPEA has gone further to ensure specific needs are met in the school. Below is a partial list of software that can be installed at no additional cost. Some exceptions may apply.
- Installed on all O’Neill Builds
- Microsoft Windows 10 x 64
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer/Edge
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- O’Neill License Agreements (Faculty/Staff only)
- Qualtrics – Students may have accounts, but require a faculty sponsor for accounts
- Stata (limited licensing – CONTACT SPEABITS)