While O’Neill IT provides some peripheral equipment for your computer, such as keyboards, mice, and even USB flash storage devices, we cannot fund everything. Items that are not essential to the O’Neill School mission, are cost prohibitive to replace (such as presentation slide clickers), or are duplicative of services offered by UITS and O’Neill IT (USB mass storage devices), must be funded by separate research funds accompanied by a unique business case to explain the need.
IU has many software agreements in place, and O’Neill has gone further to ensure specific needs are met in the school. Below is a partial list of software that can be installed at no additional cost. Some exceptions may apply.
- Installed on all O’Neill Builds
- Microsoft Windows 10 x 64
- Microsoft Office Current Version
- Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer/Edge
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- O’Neill License Agreements (Faculty/Staff only)
- Most common statistics & specialized packages (Stata, SAS, ArcGIS) are available to use from IUAnyware and other UITS resources but in cases where that is not practical, licensing may be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org