- MPA Nonprofit Management & Policy Analysis, Indiana University, Bloomington, 2009
- B.A., Anthropology and Religious Studies, Minor in Classical Latin, Indiana University, Bloomington, 2001
- Public Financial Management, Instructor of Record
- Indiana University Sociology Research Practicum, Field Methods Training Instructor
- McGiverin‐Bohan, K., Grønbjerg, K., Dula, L., & Miller, R. “Local Officials’ Support for PILOTs/SILOTs: Nonprofit Engagement, Economic Stress, and Politics,” Public Administration Review. 2016.
- Grønbjerg, K., & McGiverin-Bohan, K., “Local Government Interest in and Justifications for Collecting Payments-in-Lieu of (Property) Taxes from Charities,” Nonprofit Policy Forum. 2016.
- Ross, J. M., & McGiverin-Bohan, K. The Business Case for Public Philanthropy. Report distributed by Good360. 2012.
- McGiverin-Bohan, K. To Own or to Owe? Identifying How Nonprofit Organizations Decide to Use Debt to Fund Facilities and Other Capital Assets. (Working)
- McGiverin-Bohan, K. Debt and Mortar Decisions: How Nonprofit Work with Banks to Build Better Organizations. (Working)
Nonprofit Finance and Management, Public and Small Business Finance and Management, Philanthropy, Organizational Theory, Research Methods
Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award, Academy of Management Conference, 2014
- ARNOVA Doctoral Fellowship, 2016
- Graduate Fellowship, Rumsfeld Foundation, 2015-2017
- Departmental Fellowship PhD, Indiana University, 2009-current
- Institute for Qualitative and Multi-Method Research, SPEA Scholarship, 2012