The O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs is a welcoming community. Admission is based primarily on your academic record and you must complete certain admission requirements prior to application.
If you’re a current IU student, here’s what you’ll need to join the O’Neill School family
Submit your application
- Fall Admission: May 1
- Spring Admission: December 1
- Summer Admission: July 1 and August 1
Meet IUB GenEd Requirement
- Students must have at least 12 credits to be considered for admission
- Students above 75 credit hours are eligible for admission, but must make an appointment with Pre-O’Neill advisor
- Note: Meeting admission eligibility does not guarantee admission; O’Neill will assess each application individually through a holistic review of a student's academic performance including (but not limited to) cumulative GPA, semester GPA, O’Neill GPA, essay, etc.
Applications will be reviewed at the end of each semester after semester grades are final.
If you meet our requirements, apply online. We are happy to answer any questions you may have—contact us at (812) 855-0635 or email@example.com.
- SPEA-E 183 Environment & People (3cr): Meets requirement for Public Affairs majors
- SPEA-V 181 US Policy & Administration (3cr): Meets requirements for Public Affairs & Healthcare Management and Policy Majors
- SPEA-V 182 Policy-making around the World: Comparative and International Approaches (3cr)
- SPEA-V 184 Law & Public Affairs (3cr): Meets requirement for Public Affairs majors
- SPEA-V 185 Management of Public Problems and Solutions (3cr)
- SPEA-V 186 Introduction to Public Budgeting & Finance for Public Affairs: Meets requirements for Public Affairs majors
- SPEA-H 124 Health Care Management and Policy (3cr): Meets requirements for Management and Public Health/Healthcare Management and Policy ONLY
- SPEA-A 163 Art Worlds: Management, Markets, and Policy (3cr): Meets requirements for Arts Management ONLY