- Ph.D., Public Administration, University of Georgia, 2007
- M.P.A., Public Administration, Rutgers University, 2003
- B.A., Political Science, Rutgers University, 2003
- Public Management (V502, V263)
- Public Program Management and Contracting (V654)
- Research Methods and Statistical Modeling (V370
Dr. Deanna Malatesta joined the Public Affairs faculty at the O'Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs in 2007. She received her Master’s in Public Administration from Rutgers University-Camden and her doctorate in Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She has published numerous works on contracting, public management, and governance, including peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, and professional reports. She is the recipient of the 2011 William E. Mosher and Frederick C. Mosher Award for the best article by an academician in Public Administration Review, the field’s flagship journal.
Malatesta also has an extensive professional background in regulation and cable television franchising procedures. She has served as a telecommunications consultant for several municipalities in New Jersey and for the City of Philadelphia. She also previously served on the High Performance Governance Team for the City of Indianapolis.