Faculty: Roger Parks
Reports and Publications:
- "Can community policing help the truly disadvantaged?" (with M. D. Resig), Crime & Delinquency, 50(2): 139-167 (2004)
- "The Link Between Community Policing and Quality of Life," (with M. D. Reisig) Community Policing: Can It Work? (W. G. Skogan (Ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing (2004)
- "Neighborhood context, police behavior, and satisfaction with police," (with M. D. Reisig), Justice Research & Policy, 5(1): 37-65 (2003)
- "Regionalism, localism, and metropolitan governance: Suggestions from the research program on local public economies," (with R. J. Oakerson), State and Local Government Review, 32(3): 169-79 (2000)
- "Experience, quality of life, and neighborhood context: A hierarchical analysis of satisfaction with the police," (with M. D. Reisig), Justice Quarterly, 17(3): 607-29 (2000)
- "The helping hand of the law: Police control of citizens on request," (with S. D. Mastrofski, C. D. Maxwell, and J. B. Snipes), Criminology, 38(2): 307-42 (2000)
- "How officers spend their time with the community," (with C. DeJong, M. K. Gray, and S. D. Mastrofski), Justice Quarterly, 16: 483-518 (1999)
Reports and Publications:
- Parks, Roger B. A War On Drugs - Let's Change The Metaphor. Pa Times 25(2). 2002.
- Parks, Roger B., and Michael D. Reisig. A: Satisfaction With Police B: What Matters? National Institute Of Justice Research In Practice, October. 2002.
- Parks, Roger B., Stephen D. Mastrofski, and David B. Wilson. Influences On The Adoption Of Community Policing In The United States. Report To The Office Of Community Oriented Policing Services, U.S. Department Of Justice. 2003.
- Parks, Roger B., and Michael D. Reisig. Neighborhood Context, Police Behavior, And Satisfaction With Police. Justice Research And Policy 5:37-65. 2003.
- Reisig, Michael D and Roger Parks. The Link Between Community Policing and Quality of Life, in Wesley G. Skogen, ed. Community Policing: Can It Work? Wadsworth Publ. 2003.
- Kearns, Amy, Kathryn Reed, Marsha R. Bradford, Clarence W. Gilliam, E. Michael Hoff, Guy R. Loftman, Roger B. Parks, Robert F. Port, and Carl A. Salzmann. Race And Criminal Justice ... Report of The Monroe County Racial Justice Task Force. 2003.
- Reisig, Michael D. and Roger B. Parks. Can Community Policing Help the Truly Disadvantaged? Crime & Delinquency 50(2):139-167. 2004.
- Parks, Roger B. Supplemental Community Research. Indianapolis/Marion County: Law Enforcement Consolidation, Phase I Preliminary Report. Wabash Scientific, Inc. 2005.