Faculty: Robert Agranoff
Reports and Publications:
- “Bridging the Theoretical Gap and Uncovering the Missing Holes (Chapter 12),” in Network Theory in the Public Sector: Building New Theoretical Frameworks. New York: Routledge, 2014.
- “Network Management Behaviors: Closing the Theoretical Gap (Chapter 8),” (with M. McGuire), in Network Theory in the Public Sector: Building New Theoretical Frameworks. New York: Routledge, 2014.
- “Reconstructing bureaucracy for service: Innovation in the governance era (Chapter 3),” (C. Ansell and J. Tofing, Eds.), in Public Innovation through Collaboration and Design. London: Routledge, 2014.
- “Relations between local and national governments (Chapter 3),” in Oxford Handbook of State and Local Government, (D. Haider-Markel (Ed.). Cary, NC: Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Network Theory in the Public Sector: Building New Theoretical Frameworks (Co-Editor with R. Keast and M. Mandell), New York: Routledge, 2013.
- “The Public Administration History Bookshelf (Review Essay),” Public Administration Review, 73(2): 366-69 (2013).
- “The Transformation of Public Sector Intellectual/DevelopmentalDisabilities Programming,” Public Administration Review (special issue on healthcare), 73(1), S127-S138 (2013).
- “Local governments in multilevel systems: emergent public administration challenges,” American Review of Public Administration, (44), 47-62 (2013).
- Managing Within Networks: Adding Value to Public Organizations. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2007.
- Collaborative Public Management: New Strategies for Local Governments (with M. MGuire). Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press, 2003.
Reports and Publications:
- Agranoff, Robert. "Intergovernmental Policy Management: Cooperative Practices in Federal Systems." In Michael A. Pagano and Robert Leonardi (eds.), The Dynamics of Federalism in National and Supranational Political Systems. London: Palgrave Macmillan (2007)
- Agranoff, Robert. "Local Governments in Spain's Multilevel Arrangements." In Harvey Lazar and Christian Leuprecht (eds.), Spheres of Governance: Comparative Studies of Cities in Multilevel Governance Systems. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press (2007)
- Agranoff, Robert and Michael McGuire. Managing Within Networks: Adding Value to Public Organizations. Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press.(2007)
- Agranoff, Robert. Local Governments (vol. 1) and Managing Federal Programs (vol. 2). In Joseph Marbach, Ellis Katz, and Troy Smith (eds.), Encyclopedia of American Federalism. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press (2006)
- Agranoff, Robert and Mete Yildiz. "Decision-Making in Networks." In G. Morcol (ed.), Handbook of Decision-Making in Public Organizations. New York, N.Y.: Marcel Dekke: 319-346. (2006)
- Agranoff, Robert and Michael McGuire. "Another Look at Bargaining and Negotiation in Intergovernmental Management." In Laurence J. O'Toole (ed.), American Intergovernmental Relations, 4th edition. Washington D.C.: Congressional Quarterly Press: 293-30 (2006)
- Agranoff, Robert. "Inside Collaborative Networks: Ten Lessons for Public Managers." Public Administration Review 66(6):56-65. (2006)