Faculty: Maureen A. Pirog
Reports and Publications:
- “The changing face of teenage parenthood in the United States: Evidence from NLSY79 and NLSY97,” (with H. Jung, D. Lee), Child & Youth Care Forum, (August 2017)
- “Applying Behavioral Insights in Policy Analysis: Recent Trends in the United States,” (with Maithreyi Gopalan), Policy Studies Journal, 45 (S1): S82-S114 (May 2017)
- “Sample Conditions Under Which Bias in IV Estimates Can Be Signed,” (with Haeil Jung), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, (April 2017)
- "Do public pensions crowd out private transfers to the elderly?: evidence from South Korea," (with H. Jung) Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, 1-23 (13 January 2015)
- "What works best and when: Accounting for multiple sources of pure selection bias in program evaluations," (with H. Jung). Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 33(3): 752-777 (2014)
- "Data will drive innovation in public policy and management research in the next decade,"Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 33(2): 537-543 (2014)
- "Internal versus external validity: Where are policy analysts going?"Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 33(2): 548-550 (2014)
- "Special symposium on qualitative and mixed methods," (with K. Edin), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 33 (2): 345-349 (2014)
- "Empirical innovations in policy analysis," (with G. Blume and T. Scott), Policy Studies Journal, 42 (S1): S33-S50 (2014)
- "Social policy: What have we Learned?" (with T. Guzman and K. Seefeldt), Policy Studies Journal, 41(S1): S53-S70 (2013). Reprinted in the PSJ Yearbook.
- Public Policy and Mental Health, (with E. Good). London: Sage Publications (2012)
Reports and Publications:
- "TANF and SNAP Asset Limits and the Financial Behavior of Low-Income Households," (with E. Gerrish and L. Bullinger), PEW Charitable Trusts, (2017)
- "Sample Conditions Under Which Bias in IV Estimates Can be Signed," (with H. Jung), Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 36 (4): 909-932
- “Mixed-Status Families and WIC Uptake: The Effects of Risk of Deportation on Program Use,” (with E.D. Vargas), Social Science Quarterly, (3) 555-573 (2016)
- “Child Support and mixed-status families an analysis using the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study,” (with L. Xu, E. Vargas), Social Science Research, 249-265 (9 June 2016)
- Pirog, Maureen A., Tara Grieshop, and Brooks Elliot. Presumptive State Child Support Guidelines. Policy Currents, Vol 12. 2003.
- Pirog, Maureen, and Hannah Saufley. Child Support Enforcement Cost and Avoidance Literature Review. Report to the Research Committee of the National Child Support Enforcement Association. 2002.
- Pirog, Maureen, and David A. Reingold. "Has the Social Safety Net Been Altared? New Roles For Faith-Based Organizations." SPEA Perspectives, Number 8. 2002.
- Byers, Katherine V., and Maureen A. Pirog. Local Government Responses To Welfare Reform. Public Budgeting and Finance 23(4):86-107. 2003.
- Pirog, Maureen A., and Hannah Saufley. Child Support Enforcement Benefits Children and Families. Child Support Quarterly 41(12):50-52. 2003.
- Pirog, Maureen A. Poverty and the U.S. Federal Social Safety Net. Social Policies: Problems And Reforms. St. Petersburg, Russia: Northwest Academy Of Public Administration. 2003.
- Pirog, Maureen, Elliott Brooks, and Tara Grieshop. Child Support Guidelines: A Decade Of Experience. Policy Currents 12(1): 23 Pgs. 2003.
- Pirog, Maureen A. and Edward Vargas. Cohabitating and Domestic Violence. Encyclopedia of Domestic Violence. New York, N.Y.: Routledge Press: 172-178. 2007.
- Pirog, Maureen A. Trends in Public Program Evaluation in the U.S.: Ramifications for Russia and China. Chinese Public Affairs Quarterly 3(1):1-40. 2007. (Reprinted)
- Reingold, David, Maureen A. Pirog, and David Brady. Empirical Evidence on Welfare Reform and Faith-Based Organizations. Social Services Review (June):245-283. 2007.
- Pirog, Maureen A. The Role of Social Communication in the U.S. Child Support Enforcement Program. Journal of the Stolypin Academy of Civil Service, Saratov, Russia (in Russian). 2006.
- Pirog, Maureen A. and Kathleen Ziol-Guest. Child Support Enforcement: Programs and Policies, Impacts and Questions. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 25(4):943-990. 2006.
- Pirog, Maureen A. Trends in Public Program Evaluation in the U.S.: Ramifications for Russia and China. Published in the Proceedings of the International Conference Public Administration Research and Education in China Today (September 14-15). 2007.
- Pirog, Maureen A. and Sharon Kioko. Evaluation of the Education Sector Enhancement Program in Barbados. Washington, D.C.: Technical Report Submitted to the InterAmerican Development Bank. 2006.
- Maureen A. Pirog, Anne L. Buffardi, Colleen K. Chrisinger, Pradeep Singh, John Briney. Are the alternatives to randomized assignment nearly as good? Statistical corrections to nonrandomized evaluations. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management (Winter 2009).
- Maureen A. Pirog and Craig L. Johnson. Electronic Benefits and Funds Transfers, Government and the Winter Commission. Public Administration Review 68(1) December 2008: 103-114.
- Maureen A. Pirog, Volume and series editor. Social Experimentation, Program Evaluation, and Public Policy. (Wiley Periodicals, Inc.: MA): 534 pps. (2008).
- David Weimer, Editor. [Maureen A. Pirog, Series Editor ONLY]. Cost-Benefit Analysis and Public Policy. (Wiley Periodicals, Inc.: MA): 458 pages. 2008.