- (812) 345-1223
1315 E. Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Ph.D. Public Affairs, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana expected May 2020
- Master of Public Administration and Policy, Center for Research and Teaching in Economics (CIDE), Mexico City, Mexico, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs, University of the Americas –Puebla (UDLAP), Cholula, Mexico, 2008
- Instructor of Record, Performance Measurement and Program Evaluation (V379), O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
- Teaching Assistant, Statistics for Research in Public Affairs (V606), O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
- Instructor of Record, Finance and Macroeconomics, Political and Social Sciences Department Iberoamerican University, Mexico City, Mexico
- Instructor of Record, Public Policy Analysis, Political and Social Sciences Department Iberoamerican University, Mexico City, Mexico
- Olvera, Johabed G. and Claudia N. Avellaneda, Subnational Government Performance: Testing Multiple Dimensions of Governors’ Experience, Public Administration Review, 2019
- Avellaneda, Claudia N. and Johabed G.Olvera, Chief Executives’ Approval of Immigrants: Evidence from a Survey Experiment of 101 Latin American and Caribbean Mayors, Journal of Behavioral Public Administration, 2018.
- Olvera, Johabed G. and Claudia N. Avellaneda, Performance Management and Public Administration, The Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics, 2017.
- Olvera, Johabed G.“Improving Maternal and Infant Health Through Prenatal Care Home Visits”, Working Paper.
- Olvera, Johabed G.“Assessing the Implementation of an Early Childhood Home Visiting Program”, Working Paper.
- Policy Analysis
- Public Policy Implementation
- Social Policy
- Maternal and Child Health and Well-being
- Global Health
Honors and Awards
- Garcia-Zamor Best Paper Award, International Riggs Symposium, Section on International and Comparative Administration, American Society for Public Administration
- The Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis Graduate Student Research Award, “Improving Healthcare Provision for Vulnerable Population,” $5,000
- Tobias Center for Innovation and International Development Research Support Fund, “Improving Maternal and Infant Health Through Prenatal Care Home Visits: Evidence from Mexico City,” December 2018 ($5,000)
- Best Paper Prize, 15thAnnual Association of SPEA PhD Students Conference
Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs resources and social media channels
Additional links and resources