- (813) 965-2196
1315 E. Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Ph.D., Indiana University, Bloomington, 2019 (expected)
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 2007
- M.Ed., Boston University, Boston, 2003
- B.A., Amherst College, Amherst, Mass., 1999
- Instructor of Record: Topics in Construction Law (2011, University of South Florida)
- Assistant Instructor: Y100 American Political Controversies (2014)
- Y304 Constitutional Law (2013)
- Carpenter, Stefan. "A Cross-National Comparison of the Efficacy of CBNRM and National Governance Approaches on the Protection of the African Elephant." (submitted for review).
- Stefan Carpenter & David Konisky. “The Killing of Cecil the Lion as an Impetus for Policy Change.” Oryx – The International Journal of Conservation1-9, doi:10.1017/S0030605317001259, 2017.
- Carpenter, Stefan, Elizabeth Baldwin, Dan Cole. “A Polycentric Turn: A Case Study of Kenya’s Evolving Legal Regime for Irrigation Waters” Natural Resources Journal 57(1): 101-138, 2017.
- Dell’Angelo, Jampel, Paul F. McCord, Drew Gower, Stefan Carpenter, Kelly Caylor, Tom P. Evans. “Community-Based Water Governance and Institutional Design Principles: Lessons Learnt from Community Water Projects on Mount Kenya” Mountain Research and Development 36(1): 102-115, 2016.
- Carpenter, Stefan. “The Devolution of Conservation: Why CITES Must Embrace Community-Based Resource Management.” Arizona Journal of Environmental Law & Policy 2(1): 1-51, 2011.
- Natural resource governance
- Community-based resource management
- Comparative policy
- Environmental law
Honors & Awards
- SPEA PhD Summer Merit-Based Fellowship, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, IU Bloomington, 2017
- Best Paper in Environmental and Public Policy, Association of SPEA PhD Students (ASPS) Conference, IU Bloomington, 2016
Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs resources and social media channels
Additional links and resources