- (812) 325-6574
1315 E. Tenth Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
- MPA, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2016
- Especialización in Economics for Engineers, Escuela Colombiana de Ingeniería, Bogotá, Colombia, 2011
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia, 2007
- P348 Management Science, Fall 2019
- V502 Public Management, Fall 2015
- V506 Statistical Analysis for Effective Decision Making, Fall 2015
- V507 Data Analysis and Modeling for Public Affairs, Spring 2016
- Rutherford, A., Mumpower, J., Bello-Gomez, R.A. and Griffin, M. (2018). Understanding Vacancy Time: A Theoretical Framework Informed by Cross-Sector Comparison. Perspectives on Public Management and Governance. 2 (1), 3-20.
- Wing, C. and Bello-Gomez, R.A. (2018). Regression Discontinuity and Beyond: Options for Studying External Validity in an Internally Valid Design. American Journal of Evaluation. 39(1), 91-108.
- Wing, C., Simon, K., and Bello-Gomez, R.A. (2018). Designing Difference in Difference Studies: Best Practices for Public Health Policy Research. Annual Review of Public Health, No. 39.
- Avellaneda, C.N., Bello-Gomez, R.A. (forthcoming). Policy Analysis for Decision Making in Colombian Local Governments. In Sanabria, P. and Rubaii, N. (Eds). Policy Analysis in Colombia. Bristol: Policy Press, University of Bristol. (Book chapter)
- Bello-Gomez, R.A. (under review) Interacting Capacities: National Bureaucracies’ Contribution to Subnational Performance
- Bello-Gomez, R.A., Olvera, J. and Avellaneda, C. (under review) Management in Context: Informal Political Institutions and the Management-Performance Relationship.
- Bello-Gomez, R.A. and Rutherford, A. (under review) Leaving the Pilot Seat Empty: Determinants of Vacancy Instances in Top Executive Positions.
- Subnational and Local Government Performance
- Executive Decision-Making
- Comparative Public Management
- Organization Theory
- Research Design and Methodology
Honors and Awards
- Inclusion Travel Award, Public Management Research Association, 2019
- Adam Smith Fellowship, Mercatus Center, George Mason University, 2019
- Garcia-Zamor Best Paper Award, International Riggs Symposium, Section on International and Comparative Administration, American Society for Public Administration, 2019
- Best Paper in Public Management Award, Association of SPEA PhD Students, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University, 2018 and 2019
- Ostrom Fellowship, Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University, 2018
Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs resources and social media channels
Additional links and resources