- Ph.D., Public Affairs, Indiana University O’ Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2018
- Master of Science, Economics, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Economics, Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington, 2008
- Health Economics
- Freedman, S., & Hammarlund, N. (2019). Electronic medical records and medical procedure choice: Evidence from cesarean sections. Health Economics, 28(10), 1179–1193. https://doi.org/10.1002/hec.3932
- Hammarlund, N., & Natarajan, S. 2017. Does Race Play a Role in Invasive Procedure Treatments? An Initial Analysis. In 2017 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems and Engineering Technologies (CHASE) (pp. 243-244). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/CHASE.2017.84
- Freedman, S.,Goodman-Bacon,A., & Hammarlund, N. 2017. Observational Studies of the Effect of Insurance on Health: Controls Are Not Enough.
- Hammarlund, N. 2017. Diagnosing Racial Treatment Disparities in Emergency Cardiac Surgery Using Machine Learning Risk Adjustment.
Health Economics and Policy, Applied Machine Learning and Data Science, Clinical Decision Making , Racial Health Disparities
Honors & Awards
- 2016–2016 Grant-in-Aid of Doctoral Research, SPEA Indiana University, Bloomington.
- 2012–2017 Graduate Fellowship, SPEA Indiana University, Bloomington.